The night starts here... forget your name... forget your fear...
You drop a coin... into the sea... and shout out "Please come back to me"...
You name your child... after your fear... and tell them "I have brought you here"...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting Down and Dirty at Dirty Nelly's


There is one thing that I most in this world... well actually there are a few things, Dada's calling themselves artists ( I mean really?), sunburns (oh the pain!) and those people who prefer Mr Darcey to Mr Knightly ( I mean REALLY?) but most of all... most of all I hate the common cold, something of which I seem to get alot now a days ( I blame the constant exhaustion of my daily life at the moment). So yes, i was snivelling, and coughing, and head aches to the max ( don't even mention the impossible amount of snot that erupted from my small nose) and completely not in the mood to cook.


So, in an effort to make my feel better it was decided we would go out for dinner, to Durty Nelly's in Shafto Lane ( this was probably not the best idea as I was close to collapsing and looking very stoned, as sick people do, the entire time, but we were to make the most of it).


Overall I did enjoy the pub very much, i'd been there once before, however since then they'd changed the menu ):


Durty Nelly's is a type of place to go to when you just want to chill with a smoke, a beer and some good ol' pub food. The staff don't hassle you, the music is something to sing along to, and when you sit outside, on the veranda, its gorgeous!


I had the Chicken Breast stuffed with eggplant, sun dried tomatoes, basil, somethings else, wrapped in prosciutto, on a bed of garlic mash and covered in olive jus. The only thing that i have to say is IT WASN'T DRY! I was so absolutely surprised, in a good way, totally worth having again.



My companion had the more traditional pub meal, a steak of Rump with garlic mash, corn cobbs and Pepper sauce. Now I don't know about you but, corn cobbs? i don't really know about that to be honest... But it was good, though the steak was a bit tough ):



and all was washed down by a nice pint of Heineken, and some lemon lime bitters, in true pub style, though maybe not Irish per say...



Totally worth checking out, especially after work as they have Happy Hour after 5 pm (:

Durty Nelly's Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

taxi xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment